Facts and figures
Did you know?
- SA Ambulance Service has more than 1500 career staff and more than 1300 volunteers.
- There are 22 ambulance stations in Metropolitan Adelaide, and more than 70 ambulance stations in country South Australia. Of these, 21 are in the state's major regional centres.
- In the 2017-18 financial year SA Ambulance Service responded to more than 242,000 incidents.
- SA Ambulance Service answered 217,787 triple zero calls in 2017-18.
- SA Ambulance Service has access to aircraft from the State Rescue Helicopter Services and Royal Flying Doctor Service, including fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.