Facts and figures
Did you know?
- SA Ambulance Service has more than 1100 career staff and more than 1500 volunteers.
- There are 111 ambulance stations across the state.
- There are 80 volunteer teams throughout the state.
- In the 2013-14 financial year SA Ambulance Service responded to more than 265,000 incidents.
- SA Ambulance Service answered 184,717 triple zero calls in 2014-15. That’s one call every 2.85 seconds.
- In 2013-14 SA Ambulance Service had a fleet of 417 vehicles, including 253 traditional stretcher carrying vehicles.
- SA Ambulance Service has access to aircraft from the State Rescue Helicopter Services and Royal Flying Doctor Service, including fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.