Our committed team of more than 2600 career and volunteer staff supports South Australians by providing emergency, non-emergency, rescue ambulance services and support services across the state.
SA Ambulance Service is the principal provider of ambulance services in South Australia comprising:
- out-of-hospital emergency medical care and transport
- a non-emergency ambulance transport service
- emergency and major events management
- rescue services in collaboration with other emergency services – e.g. water rescue, cliff rescue, confined space rescue
- SAAS MedSTAR Emergency Medical Retrieval
Our dedicated team of some 2200 operational staff (e.g. paramedics, volunteer ambulance officers and staff who receive triple zero (000) calls) are supported by more than 250 support staff in areas such as finance, customer service, human resources, asset management and building services.
SA Ambulance Service receives more than 400 000 inbound calls each year, including around 400 triple zero (calls) every single day.
Did you know that our paramedics and ambulance officers respond to around 250 000 incidents every year?