What do volunteer ambulance officers do?
- Go on shift to attend ambulance jobs which can be emergencies or patient transfers
- Maintain a 24-hour ambulance service in regional communities
- Attend training regularly to maintain skills
- Complete accurate records for ambulance calls
- Work with staff and volunteers from SA Ambulance Service, other services and the public
- Comply with the code of conduct and represent SAAS positively at all times
- General duties associated with maintaining vehicles and ambulance equipment
What are the benefits of becoming a volunteer ambulance officer?
- Free first aid training
- Free uniform
- Free training in all skills and clinical training relating to your volunteer role, including a Certificate IV in Healthcare which is nationally recognised
- Annual volunteer conference